










Wow! What a great vacation. I can always tell when Craig is on vacation. His phone doesn't ring. And he very easy going. Love it. We left Wednesday afternoon and were down there for dinner. We ate at the Texas Road House. Way good ribs!! The kids stayed at the Sullengers for pizza with the cousins. Natalie got to stay at the Sullengers the whole weekend. It worked out well for all of us. She was hopping that they would adopt her, no such luck. Porter was ecstatic to be with his cousins that he misses SO much. Trevor was cool with whatever.
The Sullengers treated us all very well. Craig and Trevor went golfing with Pa, Brian, Emily and Dave on Thursday and Friday. Great golf course in Sky Mountain and Crystal Ridge. They all can highly recommend them to friends and family. Craig also decided that he enjoys crossword puzzles (only with the help of the Internet).
Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful. Grandma Great joined us for dinner. It was good to see her. She lives down in St. George full time now. The Sullengers go and visit with her and Aunt Georgia & her husband Leonard every Sunday. Grandma really enjoys that. She enjoyed seeing all the great grand kids and grand kids and get caught up on what's going on. She came again on Saturday for Savannah's birthday party. We had good food, games and conversations.
Friday was shopping day. My mom and I headed out about 5:00 am and found what we "needed" and were back home by 6:30 am. Of course I went out again later that day and again on Saturday. Oh well. We took the kids to the dinosaur museum and later that day we had a birthday party for my niece Savannah. How much better could it get. Birthday in St. George! I remember when I had my 6th birthday down there. Pretty cool.
Saturday was a great day. When I was little we use to go down to St. George for Thanksgiving and the day after would head up the mountains and cut down Christmas trees. This year we went to Cedar City and cut down our Christmas tree. We haven't had a fresh cut tree in years. It is so nice to have one again. The men and Trevor kept heading up to find the perfect tree for their family. What great memories we have of this fun fun day. After we got back I took the Sullengers and Randalls to the overcrowded and unsupervised pool of kids. Oh well. I made sure our behaved. Didn't have to remind them more than once. Thank goodness.
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! What fun to cut down your own tree. We haven't had a real tree since I was a kid. I think I've forgotten what they smell like...
Thanks for the pictures. I got them yesterday. I should say your new camera rocks! Now I'm jealous and want one too...
Natalie is welcome to come any time, as are the rest of you. I can't seem to complete a crossword puzzle since Bubba left. I hope Santa brings him a crossword puzzle book. I will come and help over Christmas. We are looking forward to spending time with you soon.
Post a Comment