Thursday, December 20, 2007

Porter's birthday & The Randall Christmas Party








We'll here we are. 5 more days until Christmas. YEAH! I get to the point where I'm ready for it to be over so our lives will slow down again.

On Sunday we celebrated Porter's 3rd birthday. Wow was he confused. He came in to our room to wake us up, so I wished him a Happy Birthday. I told him that we could open presents in after Dad and Trevor got back from a meeting. He scrunched his face and asked me, "From Santa?" It was so cute. Craig and I sat there and laughed at him. Oh well. He received some books, slippers and a Truck with a horse trailer and horses. That was the best.

That night we had the Randall Family Christmas Party down at the Barth's home in Orem. We had chosen this year to give presents to a sub for Santa family. I sure liked the feel of this better. We were able to enjoy one another's company and ate dinner. It's just nice to get together with family and catch up on whats going on. We choose not to bring a birthday cake for the birthday, so Cheryl made sure we sang Happy Birthday to Porter with a brownie. Very nice.
By the time we got home, Porter had fallen asleep. He woke up and all he wanted was to watch a movie on the couch with his horsey trailer. When I came to check on him, he had fallen asleep. What a sweet boy.
He has also become an official BIG BOY. No more diapers!! We have only had one accident since Sunday. I had kept telling him that when he is 3 he can not wear diapers any more. We'll he totally understood and took it to heart. WOW, that was easy!
We have had no new snow since the purchase of Craig's gift. The weather man keeps saying soon, so we are just watching and waiting.

Today I had a close call. Craig and I have purchased Trevor a new bed for Christmas. RC Willey called this morning at 7:00 am to deliver it. I asked them to hold off until 7:50 am when I knew Trevor would be on his way to school. Since it was raining, I decided I'd take him and his friend up to school. So, as I was driving out of the neighbors driveway, the RC Willey truck was driving up the street. Luckily, Trevor never saw it. They had pulled over at the top of the street, so as I drove by them I stopped and told them it was safe to deliver it now. So now all I have to do is keep him out of the garage for the next few days.
We send you all our love. Merry Christmas and have a GREAT NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

Alex, Nicholas and Lukas' family said...

Happy Birthday, Porter!!! Way to go- no diapers. I told you, Anne, that turning 3 does something to kids. The same thing happened with Alex when he turned 3- overnight he was a big boy.

The Sullenger's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PORTER!! we love you!!