Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas












Well, we sure hope Santa found his way to all of you. We sure enjoyed our Christmas. Craig was even excited to use his Christmas gift. We was out for 2 hours on Christmas eve and then again for about an hour on Christmas morning. He even let Trevor have a turn Christmas morning with it on our drive way.

For Christmas Eve we went to Anne's parents condo. They will be in Hungary next year at this time so I guess we will have to do Christmas Eve at one of the siblings homes, hint hint, unless ours is done by then. The grand kids did a very nice production of Jesus birth with a lot of singing of Primary songs. It was VERY WELL done. Nana had been busy the last few months making jumpers and skirts for all the granddaughters. They were very excited for them. The boys received church shirts, ties and socks. Can't wait for them all to have their picture taken in them. The families also received a globe so that we can all start charting where everyone will serve or has served their missions. It will be nice to have this in our home so that the kids can see where Nana & Pa will be living for the next 18 months.

Christmas morning didn't start too early for us. It was about 7:30 am before they were all awake and ready to open gifts. We let Porter in the living room first. He just kind of looked around. I asked him if he could find his gifts and he pointed to them. I asked if he wanted to look at them and so he did. Then I said, "Why don't you sit down and we'll let Natalie in to look at her gifts". So he went over and sat on the couch. Natalie came in and loved her stuff. Then we let Trevor in. After about 5 minutes, Porter is still sitting there on the couch. He was just content watching everyone. I don't think he was quite awake. Oh well. We started opening gifts and that woke him up.

Trevor's big gift this year was a new bed. He came into the living room and found sheets and bedding (big deal). We told him that Santa couldn't bring everything inside, so he left something out in the garage for him. He bolted. He thought it was going to be a four wheeler. Oh well! His room feels so much smaller... but he really need to be able to stretch out. It has a nice headboard that has dividers on it for CD's. He can fit his phone and radio on it. It looks really nice in there.

Natalie received an I Pod. I got a refurbished one from apple.com. Trevor's pretty mad because he only has a 1 GB. Oh well. She also receive clothes that were not "baby-ish looking". Got to love this pre teen stage.

Porter got trucks. What else does he need? With "mastering" the toilet issue, he also received his train back. I had the kids get him a new train for the track. He also loves his new bandaids that Santa left in his stocking. He finds new boo-boo's all over the place and must have a band aid. A few minutes later it is all better. It's a MIRACLE! He also was the recipiant of Trevor's old bed frame. He thinks he is the king now. I have to remind him no jumping on the bed or jumping off the bed. I know he's going to break something one day. He loves it!

Nana and Pa came by around 10:00 am to see what the kids received. Pa sat there and played Natalies 20 Question game. Nana was picking up the boxes and wrap that was still all over.

We hung out with Craig's parents for awhile and had lunch that afternoon. We then went home and Craig and the big kids went to see the new National Treasure movie. I opted to stay home with Porter and relax.

WE HAVE HEAT!!!!!!!!!! Saturday Craig finished up with the heat downstairs and so I actually have a working heat vent in my kitchen. It's nice to be able to not sit in here and freeze. It will also be nice this summer to not have the fan on in here. Next up I heard him say was jack hammering the floor and redoing the pipes.

Christmas is come and gone. How we love it. We are so very thankful for each one of you and wish you a new year full of happiness, health and love. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Christmas

1 comment:

The Sullenger's said...

What a lovely Christmas. I am sorry we didn't see more of you guys when we were up there. Hope everything is now put away and there is order and peace in the house. Ha. I am having a hard time reading the black blog. What can I do??