Well, since I was told that I have not updated my blog in 2 months, I guess it's time to do something about it.
Ever since Porter incidence in California, he has been sick with something every other week. Which means next week he should be sick again. He's had the flu bug, more asthma and the dry barking cough. Wonder what it will be next????? He is Mr. Puzzle at our house. He loves to do them. He also is loving the books. We have to read a stack of them daily. Do you think I'm going to have a 2nd child who loves to read? We'll see. He enjoys playing with his friends, riding his bike (great investment), going anywhere, staying home, watching movies, going to the park... just about anything and everything, we'll not cleaning his room (he claims he doesn't know how) but he will vacuum and dust. He even likes to help the kids deliver their newspapers on their Clipper route. He LOVES to go to Uncle Brian's Maverik and get a treat. Conviently there is one about 1/2 way through our newspaper route.
Natalie completed her second production at Rodgers Memorial Theater. They did The Wiz (not one of my favorites). Pinocchio was much better because it was these young kids performing. The Wiz was the older kids performing and the younger kids got to be in the play. Oh well. She did a great job and luckily I only had to go once. School has been tough for her this year. Her teacher is strict and she seems to be the one who gets picked on when there is more than one person involved. Not good. She is also to that age where the hormones are changing. So from moment to moment we don't know what's going to happen to her. We love her and hopefully with lots of love and patience and prayer we can make it through this. She will be taking swim lessons this year and next fall wants to do gymnastics again. She'll be well rounded I hope. She also wants to start up piano again. I'm going to try and find someone close by. Her paper route is hard work, but we keep doing it so her and Trevor can by a Wii. We will see if they make it. They like to spend their money on other things too.
Trevor is in baseball right now. He has played 1st base two out of the three games. I think he enjoys that position. His team has 2 wins and 1 lose. It's always fun to go to the ball park and watch him play. He has had a few GREAT hits that are so close to going over the fence. Maybe soon it will happen. He has got a very busy summer ahead of him. During the month of June he has summer PE every day from 8 to 11 am. On Fridays they take them on hikes up the mountains. Way fun. A lot of him friends are doing it too, so it will be fun. The first week in July all 3 of the kids will be going to St. George to become Sullengers for a week. Can we say SPOILED? It will be fun and hopefully everyone will behave themselves. Liz and I will do the drop off/pick up in Fillmore. The following week he will be in Moab for Scout camp. They are going biking down there. Sounds HOT to me. He'll finally have a two week break and then we'll have the Sullenger girls here for a week and then he start summer band. Luckily, we already went to Disneyland on vacation. We struggled with him with school all year. I'm not sure if he's going to have to do some summer school too or not. It's going to be a hard summer for him. Good learning opportunities. He's also going to work with Craig this year. Don't ask me when, but we'll see.
Craig is moving on projects around the house. We actually have a vehicle parked in our garage now. YEAH! We removed our rose bushes from the front east side of our house and replanted them on the east side of our house. We now have to get Questar here to move our gas meter then we will start digging down and adding in a larger food storage room. I guess I get to move all the food that's in there now, somewhere else. Hum, maybe the family room. Once that done I think we will dig up the main water line and relandscape our front yard. He said he wants to also get the bathroom downstairs going so we aren't stuck with one bathroom. We are remembering why we liked two bathrooms. He's also talking the deck in the back yard. Wouldn't it be nice. Then maybe this winter we can finish the family room and laundry room. AHHHHH!
I am going going going all the time. I won't be doing anything with PTA and the JR High next year. I'm helping out in Natalie's class with math once a week (hopefully when Porter's in school) and then helping with the teacher dinnes that we do 3 times a year. No big deal. I'm hoping that Primary is coming to an end. It'll be 3 years in September and it's getting harder in there now that Porter is in there and wants me all the time. It also just feels like the right time for a change. We'll see what the Lord has in store. Of course there is my husband who still has no calling since they kicked him out of YM in January. He's still not a happy camper about that one. Work is going. I'm tired of it, but get to do it anyway. The kids and all they have going on keeps me busy busy busy. I did manage to finish the BOM in the 97 day Hinckley challenge.
The coolest thing happened to Trevor, Porter and I about 3 weeks ago. We were delivering our newspaper. One of the places we deliver to is a barber shop on 100 North. When we walked in there, Pres Monson was in there. What a great great man. He told the boys the story of wiggling his ears (he told it in Priesthood meeting too) and showed Porter how he does it. He asked Trevor about the Priesthood that he holds. He also called them "Future missionaries". It was something very awesome to experience.
Well this is done for until next time. I really need to figure out how to put my picture on here, but no time for that right now.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good girl....you did it. Glad to know what is going on....
m
Okay, I finally got back to check your blog and I'm so glad I did or I would have missed your awesome story about Pres. Monson. That's SO neat. How many people get a little one-on-one time with the prophet?
Good luck with the new blog... can't wait to see what you do with it!
Post a Comment