Well, what a fun President's weekend. I decided on Thursday to take my Dad down to St. George on Friday. (He was originally going to get a ride with some friends to the Sullengers house so he can drive the Sullenger girls and my mom back on Thursday.) But, since Craig had jack hammered up my basement floor and was going to run new water and drain lines, I decided to go and play. And that is just what we did.
We took my sister Becky's son Brigham with us. Loaded up and made it down to St. George around 6 pm on Friday. We played on Saturday. Went and saw "The Chipmunks" or "Enchanted", depending on your preference. I went to Enchanted which I really liked!!! Highly recommended it. I had already seen the Chipmunks with the kids last month.
We had hit the outlets and got some FABULOUS deals on clothes for Porter and Natalie. Mom did Natalie & Brigham's B-day shopping and got that off of her list. We went and brought Grandma Great over to the Sullenger's house with us for awhile. The kids LOVED being able to go and play out side and to the park. It was so nice not to feel cold. We took Natalie out for her B-day dinner on Saturday night to The Parrothead. It is Hawaiian style food. I really liked it. They have one is SLC too. I'll have to go and try it.
Sunday was Natalie's birthday. We made cupcakes and opened presents with her. She even got a birthday treat in Primary. I thought that was very nice of them to do that. Porter even received a paper that read: "CBR - Caught being reverant". See what he is capable of if I'm not in the same room as him. Maybe I should get released from my calling?????
Monday we took the kids to Fiesta Fun (the family fun center). Boy is it expensive. The kids did miniture golf and the bumper boats. That was all we had money for. We stopped at the park afterwards and then had lunch and headed home. It's so nice to have somewhere to go and get away to.
Trevor's favorite part was him new bat that we bought. He is paying for 1/2 of it. Hopefully it will help him win the games and hit a lot of home runs! Now I have to remember to sign him up for baseball this week.
Trevor and Natalie start a new paper route today. This will be good for them to earn money. It's with the Davis County Clipper and should earn them about $40/month. It only gets delivered 2 days a week afterschool. Hopefully it will be really good for them.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you had some good fun in the warm weather - and boy, am I jealous! You are definitely not the only one who's sick of the cold. Glad to hear you liked Enchanted. I saw it with my mom and we LOVED it!!
I guess now I have to go see Enchanted. I doubt Dave will go though... Wish I was there with you. Out trip to St. George in March got cancelled.. Glad you had fun though :)
Post a Comment